2011/04/24

Happy Easter & Misc III (Thank you!)

Happy Easter everybody! I hope you are enjoying your holidays?
So far mine were quite nice and the weather was just more than perfect with around 25 degrees celsius and lots of sunshine.

Anyway, I wanted to share some of my easter presents. While looking at the next photo PLEASE don't laugh!!! I know it is far away from perfect, but honestly, for a first try of portrait embroidery, it is not that bad, right? At least I can recognize who they are! :)




This easter I gave everyone something embroidered. Here comes some of the other stuff.




And while I am already doing a post about prezzies I wanted to share with you what I got in my mail last week! First I won something on the Japan Quake Appeal raffle done by super nice Lou of Happy Serendipity. Thank you Lou so so much for this unbelievable soft and light-weight circle scarf with individualized lettering and that super cute felt and lace key pendant, which I had to use right away! By the way! Lou has an Etsy shop with lots of stuff "hand made with care and love and a little oomph". :D


And last BUT definitely not least, I just got my 'Pay it Forward' present from Shannon of the blog called MushyWear!!! It took a long, long way from Hawaii. Isn't this little bag just too cute!? I love the fabrics she used and am  so impressed how professional and carefully it was made! Thank you so so much Shannon! It was such a pleasure to participate and I love the postcard and gift wrapping paper a lot, too! Hopefully, I can make it to Hawaii one day! Then we could start a sewing session on the beach together! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Great job on your first portrait embroidery! I am so glad you liked the gift. The purse is made from a pattern called "The Essential Bag" by the Country Quilter. I would love to sew with you on the beach someday, maybe snorkel too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i'm loving the embroidered portrait. fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your embroidered pieces look really great! The portrait is the sweetest idea ever!
    Can I ask you what fabric did you use for them? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paunnet
    Hi Anna! :) Thank you! I used some rough textured linen. I think it was not really supposed for embroidery, but it turned out to be textured enough to count the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The portrait is so cute and creative. Amazing work! I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Annette!! You did a +++GREAT job on the embroidery! I just realized that I am also a fan of your embroidery work:) The cushion is so so sweet! I love its design so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Annette, at first I thought that they are my husband and I! He is a red head, and I have dark long hair!
    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay. ich freue mich das du dich gefreut hast. vielen lieben dank nochmal fürs spenden und mitmachen. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...