2012/06/07

Chloe by Victory Patterns

Good afternoon lovely readers!

What can I say? Finished sewing projects are piling up just because I do not find enough time to make photos...ok, and sometimes I am just too lazy... ;)

Anyway, finally pulled myself together and made some shots of my Chloe version of Victory Patterns

 
I guess Victory Patterns already crossed your way on the internet. This independent pattern line by Kristiann has been featured a lot recently. You can find some very interesting interviews with her on Paunnet, Tilly and the Buttons and A Fashionable Stitch.

Anyway, back to my version! I opted for some kind of hybrid version. The pattern suggests to either make a sleeveless version with contrast binding or a sleeves version with contrasting sleeves, but not necessarily contrast binding. I definitely wanted sleeves, but not necessarily in a contrast fabric because I felt like contrasting sleeves would make this dress looking too sportive. In order to avoid too much simplicity and because I used light beige colored linen for the shell, again, I came along turquoise for contrast binding.


I am really glad about this decision! Feels like this is a dress which fits relatively casual as well as elegant occasions. Another plus of the turquoise: it prevents this dress being mistaken with a potato sack!...just kidding... ;)


Résumé about Victory Patterns: Really nice pattern with great and easy to follow instructions. Of course, I was too lazy to make a muslin, but have been lucky, that this dress fitted me almost without modifications. Only alteration made was a shortening of the shoulder seams to lift up the bust darts.

Have a lovely day everybody and kindly stay tuned as I will be back next week!...haha, managed to make photos of two projects today...I am so proud of myself... ;)

41 comments:

  1. This reminds me of some pieces of the Diane von Fürstenberg collection SS2012. I love your dress. It's adorable. Looking forward to see you other projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is one really sweet compliment! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. Love it and the turquoise is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love this dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! It looks so cute on you, and great choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern, and your version is very lovely. I like the turqoise accents. It looks very comfortable and easy to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is really lovely! I too have this pattern in my stash and you've given me some much-needed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! I know how it feels when one has a beautiful pattern in stash for months, but not knowing what to do with it! I am really glad, that I could help! :)

      Delete
  8. GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nette this is just peachy. I love everything about it and it suits you so well. Those splashes of turqoise really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour combo and the dress suits! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress is really cute ! I love the strong contrasting binding, it gives it a great "personality"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fabulous! Love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning! You have such a great eye for design and colour. It kinda looks like futuristic vintage, if tha makes sense? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tilly! Had to think about futuristic vintage, but yeah! It makes sense! ;)

      Delete
  14. pretty! i like the color of your binding..very springy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my favourite version of this dress I've seen; I love the way you used such a vibrant binding on such a soft neutral main fabric; the result is very graphic and just so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your dress, it's wonderfull!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love what you did with this pattern! The colours are great together, the sleeves are so cute and I love the linen! Furthermore, it looks like it suits you so much! You seem perfect for 60s inspired dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Anna! I also love your purple sleeveless version very very much! <3

      Delete
  18. Absolutely superb. The fit looks spectacular - I can't believe you didn't have to make a toile. I love the turquoise accents.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow. my jaw dropped. it's such a stunning dress. i LOvE this color combo and you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lou! Always appreciate when you come along! :)

      Delete
  20. Superschöne Variante, gefällt mir sehr!
    Da Du Deutschland als Standort angegeben hast, hoffe ich, dass Du deutsch verstehst ;-) mein Englisch ist miserabel und ich brächte nur ein weiteres "gorgeous" zu Stande.
    Lieben Gruß

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Anna! Ja, da hast du richtig gehofft! Danke dir für deinen lieben Kommentar! :)

      Delete
  21. Wow, this is lovely! I love how you've teamed the nuetral linen with those pops of colour, looks casually elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is what I thought, too! Casually elegant! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  22. This is absolutely beautiful! I love how the clean lines are accentuated by that striking turquoise. Such a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pop of color on this. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The colour contrast here is so clever, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have just bought this pattern, I hope I can make it look as good as this!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really chic dress, love the surprising bits of color against the neutral linen, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ooohhh I like this alot! I neutral vrs the pop of colour! looks comfy and chic

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is my favourite Chloe on the blogsphere! It's soooo cute and looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Das sieht so toll aus, die Farbkombi ist sehr gelungen, natürlich und frisch.
    Ich glaube Frau Charming braucht unbedingt so ein Kleid sie liebt alle Schattierungen von Cyan, Petrol und co. (ich auch).
    Jetz muss ich wegen Dir einen Schnitt kaufen ;-).

    Beste Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, das tut mir gar nicht leid! ;-) Es wird sich lohnen und deine Frau Charming wird sich sehr freuen!

      Delete
  30. Oh! You have just inspired me to try this patten! It is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...