2012/08/20

In the mood for levitation

As promised my latest sewing project!

Trying to levitate like Natsumi

I really had a hard sewing drought for the last few weeks. I simply lacked inspiration. I saw lots of wonderful sewing pattern I would love to try, but couldn't find ANY fabric I liked. That was really frustrating. I watched out locally and regionally through the fabric stores and even my good friend the internet couldn't help!


Finally I went for our local quilt fabric store and found what I was longing for! Amy Butler's Grass Chinese Lanterns fabric saved me!!! I love the green fresh colour and the lantern pattern. Though it is titled to be Chinese, I would have proposed this to be an African inspired pattern...hmm, anyway this bold print needed a simple loose blouse pattern with less darts, etc.


I found the pattern in a Japanese book called 'Sweet dress book'. It is the blouse on the cover.
A loose fitted blouse with 6 bold darts on the front upper bust. Easy and fast project with super comfortable fit! I would highly recommend this blouse for beginners. It is a fun project with no potential for frustration!

Hope you are still with me after my long sewing pause! As promised another sewing project will follow within this week!!!  So stay tuned! ;)

11 comments:

  1. It's always so nice to see a post of yours popping up!
    I love your new top, the fabric is gorgeous!
    Hehe, I've been trying to levitate too, lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, don't sweat not feeling inspired. We all get like that sometimes. I get like this too during summertime because all I want to do is be outside. I love your top and you did a fabulous job. The print is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Bluse ist umwerfend und sieht viel besser aus als original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love this!! The fabric really is cute, and I love it paired with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Pretty! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschoen...

    Liebe Grüße,
    Mond

    ReplyDelete
  7. bravo! j'aime beaucoup, et ton tissu est super :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, I love the fabric too! How do you like that sewing book? It's one of the many Japanese books I've been dying to get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love your style and your projects! Thanks for posting.

    Take care,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...